Requisition ID: 182175
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Editorial Manager, Stakeholder Engagement and Strategic Narrative, leads the conceptualization, development, and execution of various internal communications materials to develop and promote a healthy & high-performing Digital Banking community, and to extend the influence of that community out into our external networks.
This role works closely with senior leadership, alongside Design and Digital Product teams, to support the Bank's digital strategy. The Senior Editorial Manager will play a key role in articulating that strategy to the organization and to internal partners, and will need to employ excellent written, oral and digital communication skills as well as keen project management skills to be successful.
Is this role right for you?
Leading the development of communications materials:
- Plan and execute communications that align with strategic objectives
- Create key internal communications, collaborating with senior executives, and Design and Product colleagues to develop content
- Ensure content is compelling, coherent, relevant, in context and appropriately reflects the Digital Banking organization's culture in tone/style
- Collaborate with Design and Digital Product teams and Communications partners to conceptualize stories, multimedia content, and delivery in support of the Bank's Digital strategy
Strategic guidance for various communication platforms:
- Set guidelines and oversee calendar for Digital Banking's various internal communication channels & platforms
- Serve as an 'ambassador' of Digital Banking employees and their work – helping to grow engagement both within Digital Banking and across other business lines
- Work in collaboration with other Communications & Marketing functions in the Bank to execute joint initiatives across channels and audiences
Contribute to a high-performing and positive Digital Banking community by:
- Building effective working relationships across teams & organizations
- Maintaining high levels of customer service
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to one-on-one touchbases and team meetings
- Thinking outside the box and encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Working to establish collaborative efforts across the team
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in communications, public relations, journalism or comparable domain
- 5 years+ experience
- Expert communications skills with exceptional writing abilities – a sharp writer, detail-oriented, creative and a superb editor – and the ability to transform complex subjects into meaningful stories
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, comfortable communicating directly with senior executives
- Proven project management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to perform well in an environment of change; highly resilient as organizational conditions evolve
- Strategic capability to develop and implement innovative and relevant communications dealing with diverse issues
- Ability to ask thoughtful, targeted questions and distill connected themes
- Familiarity in content management systems, web and social platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft 365
- Strong understanding of collaboration suites such as Slack and MS Teams
- Analytically focused with the ability to extract measurement and impact of communication efforts
- Digital native – will bring new ideas about how we can employ digital to enhance the employee experience
- Independent, excellent motivator and team player
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.