Registered Nurse IC, Temporary Full-Time (Approximately 12 Months)
Women and Children's Health Unit, Central Newfoundland Regional Health Centre, Grand Falls-Windsor
Definition of Work:
This is a professional nursing position with responsibility to provide holistic care with a family centered approach to mothers and babies on the Obstetrics unit. This will include care of the antenatal client, labor & delivery, postpartum care, and newborn care. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
* Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Province of Newfoundland & Labrador
* Current BLS certification for health care providers from the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
* Completion of the Health Assessment course or willingness to complete next available course.
* Two years' of recent nursing experience, within the last five years', in Obstetrics.
* NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
* PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
* Self-learning modules such as breastfeeding, fetal health surveillance, and epidural education or willing to complete in a timely manner.
* Participation in the MORE OB Program.
* Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of Work: 75 hours biweekly (Shift work may be required)
Salary: NS-31 ($41.79-$51.66)
Competition No: P-2023000195-CNH
Closing Date: Open until filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.