|Position:||Casual Security Guard|
St. Lawrence College - Brockville Campus
- Greet and interact with staff, students, and visitors politely and professionally
- Ensure all staff, visitors, and vendors are following the protocols for St. Lawrence College
- Provide assistance as necessary to staff and students
- Assist visitors as necessary with wayfinding as required
- Proactive, consistent patrols of the campus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with maintaining the utmost professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexible, and customer service orientation
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Report writing and note taking
- Surveillance monitoring
- Additional job duties as assigned
- Valid Security License for the province of Ontario
- Valid First Aid & CPR - Level C (from a WSIB-approved vendor)
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (Site Requirement)
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset
- 6+ months in customer service
- Previous security experience is considered an asset
- Must be able to provide certifications in Use of Force (UoF) and Management of Aggressive Behaviour (MOAB)
- Applicants lacking these certifications can opt into Paladin's UoF/MOAB training program prior to their onboarding training to ensure they meet the requirements of the position
- Please be aware: The UoF/MOAB training is not paid as it is a pre-requisite, however Paladin will cover all of the costs of the training with a 6 month commitment to the position/availability
Why choose Paladin?
- Extensive paid industry leading training
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Unionized benefits (including Education Allowance & Pension Plan)
- Free Uniforms
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Security license reimbursement
- Dry cleaning & hemming/tailoring allowance
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Additional perks!
Please note: Current students of St. Lawrence College are not eligible for this position.
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
In Kingston, the 59-acre former Ontario Psychiatric Hospital farmland at King St. and Portsmouth Ave. was acquired from the government. By September 1969, students were attending classes at the Kingston campus' first permanent quarters: a white, steel "temporary building" (now the Leeds Building), built the previous year, comprised of a gymnasium, cafeteria, an administrative office and student lounges. During the construction of Dundas and Stormont Halls, named after the counties served, students carrying books walked side by side with workers bearing lumber, ceiling tiles, paint cans and electrical tools. Full time courses were offered such as Business Administration, General Business, Home Economics, Early Childhood Education, Engineering Technology, and Electronics Technician.
Today, after more than 50 years in existence, the College continues to evolve to meet the needs of students seeking the skills that will lead to a better quality of life.
With modern, expansive facilities in three vibrant eastern Ontario cities and a solid track record of excellence, St. Lawrence College still combines all the benefits of a world-class education with the advantages of small-town living and personal attention to detail.
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.