Requisition ID: 180693
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Software Developer - Testing
Business group: Microservices Engineering – SPAIN Team – Provides several supporting microservices and platforms; Scene+, Pay/No-Pay (cheque handling), Analytics, and Insurance
Candidate Value Proposition: Not only will this candidate gain experience at a big 5 bank, but they will be working daily with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies, making real impact at the bank and its deliverables. The ideal candidate will be part of a collaborative software engineering team working on Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, NoSQL, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
Is this role right for you?
. Collaborate closely with a team of backend API developers, business system analysts, developers, and architects to work on both new features and incremental improvements
• Develop and update automated test scenarios
• Oversee the testing work of contract testers with an eye to improving practices through automation
• Bring new ideas on how to improve the test framework
• Create robust, repeatable automated testing solutions for our production software
• Develop both positive and negative test scenarios while working with business system analysts, developers, and technical leads to test new features
• Help triage any issues automated tests uncover or any issue raised by production support, and
communicating closely with the development team
• You're interested in working on a large-scale product and enriching the banking experience for millions of customers.
• You are familiar with development of automated testing including tools and frameworks. You are familiar with test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
• You have a deep pride in your craft.
• You enjoy thinking outside the box.
• You are flexible and able to pivot and adapt to change.
• You are accountable for and take ownership of your work.
• You are eager to learn, mentor, and share your ideas in a team environment.
• You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms.
• You understand that software development is a collaborative effort, and enjoy working alongside others
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ experience as an Automation Test Lead, preferably within banking
2) 5+ years of experience in Java
3) 3+ years of testing Restful APIs with Postman
4) 3+ years of experience in Load Testing (preferably with Locust and LoadRunner)
5) 5+ years' experience in developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, and RestAssured
1) Experience in building, integrating and deploying web services (REST/ SOAP/JSON/XML)
2) 3+ years of experience in Spring Boot
3) Python Scripting
4) Working knowledge of SQL
5) RestAssured, Cucumber, and Supertest, SOAPUI
6) Strong knowledge of object-oriented software development best practices
7) Experience working in a DevOps environment. Experience with Java Build Tools: Maven or Gradle
8) Familiarity with OpenAPI Specification (OAS)/ Swagger, YAML, JSON
9) Knowledge/ experience in Java ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring DAO
10) Exposure to RDBMS such as Oracle or DB2. Knowledge and experience with SQL queries
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills including ability to distil technical details into simple terms; ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Natural Problem Solver
- The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
- Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- Bachelors or equivalent in computer science or related field is preferred
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.