At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Flexible. Work from any of our EY Law immigration offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, or Halifax.
As an experienced U.S. Business Immigration Attorney with EY Law LLP, you will help companies address the challenges associated with managing today's globally mobile workforce. EY Law LLP helps companies and their employees efficiently relocate wherever they need are needed. The firm's comprehensive range of U.S. business immigration services include obtaining both immigrant (green card) and non-immigrant status (temporary work visas) as well as providing a range of U.S. immigration advisory services for employees and their employers. This position offers excellent opportunities for growth, development, teaming, leadership, and career advancement for the right candidate.
As an experienced Attorney, you will join our U.S. Business Immigration team. You will manage the delivery of challenging U.S. business immigration services and contribute to developing solutions for our diverse clients. You will provide not only technical legal expertise, but also proactive and strategic business solutions that are in line with the needs of our clientele.
Skills and attributes
- Utilize your technical legal and procedural understanding of U.S. business immigration law - including PERM, NIV and IV law - and effectively apply this knowledge to client situations.
- Prepare, review, and submit non-immigrant, immigrant, and PERM applications in a high-volume environment.
- Manage client deliverables and expectations and demonstrate an ability to effectively execute on competing priorities.
- Facilitate the legal movement of employees across borders for business travel.
- Manage other attorneys, law clerks and other client service team members.
- Be an active member of our US immigration practice in implementing best practices.
- JD along with admission to any U.S. state bar.
- Minimum 2 years of U.S. business immigration experience, with an emphasis in high-volume H/L NIV, IV and/or PERM filings.
- Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to provide not only technical legal expertise, but also proactive and strategic business solutions that are in line with the needs of our clientele.
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and take on a variety of projects.
- High level of professionalism to handle sensitive and confidential information.
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the LGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.