At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In EY Tax, you'll have the opportunity to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You'll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company's business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Services Manager, you will be a part of our Business Tax Services practice. In this role, you will develop the technical proficiency and connectivity to address client issues as well as develop as a well-rounded, quality-focused tax professional. As a member of E&Y's Business Tax Service's practice, you will develop the combination of deep tax knowledge and a sophisticated understanding of business drivers to serve your clients to the best of your ability.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager, you will participate in and help supervise multiple and challenging tax advisory engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
- Execution of a variety of corporate, personal, trust and partnership assignments including planning, compliance, provision and controversy matters.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Coaching and mentoring more junior staff to execute assignments with accuracy and completeness
- Enhance technical skills by remaining up-to-date on trends, new legislative developments and tax authority decisions, and apply them to complex situations relevant to the client
- Identify opportunities for providing tax planning and other special services and contribute to thought leadership materials
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of Canadian Corporate tax experienceAn accounting designation or other related experience or certification relevant to an area of specialization
- Completion of CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course
- excellent supervisory, analytical, and leadership ability
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- a commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Process oriented with excellent documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- Maturity, proactive attitude, commitment, and a highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the 2SLGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.