At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, advisory, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development.
Our People Advisory Services professionals assist our clients in successfully managing and sustaining people, process and/or technology change. This may include the identification and management of stakeholders, leadership development, organizational design, training, cultural assessment and development, talent management, workforce strategies, and planning and executing key communications.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our rapidly growing Systems practice in Toronto.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex HR technology and implementation concepts. Lead client engagement teams and work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services. Develop and successfully manage to project budget.
- Deliver quality services. Value and model excellent client service by establishing goals and implementation plans to achieve high quality deliverables within expected timeframes. Monitor progress, manage risk and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management. Focus on deliverables and client business priorities. Manage expectations of service. Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers and business trends.
- Develop people. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/training. Foster an innovative and team-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge. Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Generate new business opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with other Ernst & Young team members across all practices to serve client needs.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A related bachelor's degree
- Approximately 2 – 3 years Consulting experience
- Work with clients on solution gap opportunity analysis/recommendations
- Support or lead business process design, enhancements
- 2 - 5 years project implementation experience
- Understand end to end life-cycle
- Participate and/or lead client discussions – requirements gathering, user stories/test scenario creation, solution configuration, lead/support testing and drive deployment
- HCM / HR technology knowledge and implementation experience ideal
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work through a problem with limited information. Demonstrates an approach to take a problem or situation to the next steps.
- Demonstrates curiosity; to understand how and why a problem or issue exists
- Comfortable with ambiguity and finding creative approaches to take the next step
- Business analytical skills – make observations, anticipate client and management needs or expectations
- Team / work engagement – dealing with varying team /stakeholder environment, knowing importance of different communication styles and messaging based on different stakeholders
- Project management experience
- Work collaboratively in a team environment (knows when to lead and when to follow)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills , including proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, etc…
- High level of motivation and a self starting attitude
- Ability to think outside of the box, thrive on new challenges
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility and ability to travel
- Willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 30%
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the 2SLGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.