BARGAINING UNIT: Nurse Managers/Supervisors
JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time
SCHEDULE: Day, 8 and 12-hour shifts. Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Bilingual essential
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
The position involves a high level of responsibility in nursing management and requires planning, organization, management, and evaluation of one or more nursing sectors and/or of health care human resources. The position involves managing human, financial and material resources. The nurse manager sees to the smooth operation of the sector in question and to the development, coordination, and implementation of quality care and services. The nurse manager ensures that applicable standards are met and promotes a safety culture. The nurse manager works with the entire organization, including patients and external partners.
- Registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Basic life support (BLS) certificate and maintenance of certificate;
- Certificate in health services management or register and obtain the certificate within four years of obtaining the position;
- Compliance with skills maintenance and professional development requirements set by the Network within set time frame;
- At least five years' nursing experience acquired in the last few years;
- At least two years' recent experience in a role involving management responsibilities;
- Proven ability to work within a decentralized care model built upon the patient- and family-centred care approach;
- Leadership, oral and written communication, and strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to act as a change agent;
- Problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills;
- Initiative, good judgment, and decision-making skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.