Competition #: EPA Sub List 2023-24
Position: Educational Program Assistant Sub List
Location: Various Locations (See Notes)
Assignment: Substitute Educational Program Assistant 2023-2024
Start Date: Friday, September 08 2023
Posted: Friday, June 16 2023 12:00 PM
Deadline: Thursday, June 20 2024 12:00 PM
The Halifax Regional Centre for Education is accepting applications for the Educational Program Assistant Substitute List for the 2023-2024 school year.
Substitute employees are eligible to accept day-to-day and short term assignments to provide support to schools when permanent employees are away. HRCE has 135 school locations so, depending on where you live, there is potential for steady and frequent substitute work.
Candidates must create an online resume in order to apply. Please ensure your resume is completed in full, including the questionnaire section of the online resume, and outlines any relevant qualifications and experience.
Applicants MUST meet the following criteria :
- High School Completion Certificate or equivalent;
- Valid Emergency First Aid CPR/AED Level C Certificate;
- Experience working with children;
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move quickly;
- Trained or Willing to be trained in Toileting/Personal Care
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- A related diploma or certificate from a recognized post secondary institution, including a formal practicum placement will be considered an asset.
Rate of pay is $16.00 per hour.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted .
Should your application be considered, qualified candidates will be contacted by the Halifax Regional Centre for Education for a confidential interview.
Following completion of a successful interview and positive reference checks, candidates will be contacted and required to provide the following before being added to the substitute list:
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check - available from your local Police or RCMP detachment, please print this letter and submit it with your VSS application to the Police/RCMP detachment or online via http://www.backcheck.net/halifax/ ). Must be issued within the past six months. Please wait until after the interview process to apply for a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Current Child Abuse Registry Search results - issued within six months of employment start date (you will be mailed your CAR results to provide to HRCE as part of your new hire package). CAR applications may be made online https://beta.novascotia.ca/apply-child-abuse-register-search
If you have previously applied within the last three months you do not need to re-apply.
Current sub EPA's are not required to apply to this posting, please complete the sub confirmation on myHRCE. Returning Substitutes & Term Employees wishing to substitute do NOT need to apply to the substitute posting. Confirm your intent to return to active substituting by completing the online Substitute Confirmation Form accessible via myHRCE .
You do NOT have to be a substitute to apply and be considered for term and permanent job postings with HRCE.
Please refer to job description for further details.
Nova Scotia's Regional Centres for Education and the Conseil scolaire acadien provincial (CSAP) are committed to an inclusive education system that supports the well-being and achievement of every student and is high-quality, culturally and linguistically responsive.
The Halifax Regional Centre for Education (HRCE) is actively working to hire individuals from under-represented groups, particularly people of African Nova Scotian, African Canadian and African ancestry and Mi'kmaw/Indigenous ancestry, to work toward equitable representation within all employee groups. Equitable hiring strengthens the knowledge and expertise in our schools, and supports our public education system in establishing schools as safe, caring, and accessible learning spaces that support all students. This will provide opportunities for students to see themselves reflected throughout their schools, learning resources, and within their learning experiences.
HRCE has a Recruitment, Selection and Hiring of Staff Policy and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups, particularly people of African Nova Scotian, African Canadian and African ancestry and Mi'kmaw/Indigenous ancestry, in compliance with the applicable collective agreements or terms and conditions of employment. Applicants are encouraged to complete the Diversity Management section under the Questionnaire heading in the online resume.