Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2023-69571 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: CCHO EMERGENCY/ ICU COMB MED/SURG
FACILITY: Charlotte County Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.56, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $35.69 to $45.22 per hour
To participate in the planning and delivery of total nursing care to meet individual patient needs in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the nursing service and Emergency Health Services departments.
- Registered Nurse currently registered in the Province of New Brunswick
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Minimum of 1950 hours of ER experience within the last 2 years
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and competency in the 5 level Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale
- Displays acquisition of advanced assessment and interviewing skills
- IV Therapy/venipuncture certification
- Ability to perform 12 lead ECG monitoring and dysrhythmia interpretation
- Defibrillation certification
- Certification in Emergency Nursing, TNCC and PALS would be an asset
- Shows initiative and good judgement in emergency and crisis situations
- Ability to accept responsibility and perform in an "in charge" capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, public, staff and physicians in order to develop positive working relationships
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education and is willing to participate in ongoing education to upgrade knowledge and skills, as is deemed necessary by candidates own current professional practice and/or Horizon Health Network.
- Willingness to adhere to departmental/corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by June 7, 2023.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2023-69571-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.