Established in 2002, the New Brunswick Innovation Foundation (NBIF) is an independent, non-profit corporation that is building the innovation capacity of our province by making investments in applied research and in high- growth potential businesses. We bring together ideas, people, and investment capital to bridge the gap between research and enterprise.
At NBIF, we strive to change the world one idea at a time. We make dreams come true by enabling innovators to turn their ideas into reality. Our talented team of professionals share a can-do attitude and rely on teamwork to support our clients and to solve complex problems each day. Together we make a significant impact and share a desire to transform our community, all while gaining a breadth of knowledge and experience that's beyond compare.
We are seeking a seasoned executive in this new role to lead all corporate strategy and oversee critical functions of our business including strategic planning, corporate operations, marketing, administration, and HR. This role will support and collaborate heavily with the CEO on strategic and operational matters, and as needed, act on his behalf.
• Lead the strategic planning process and ensure alignment across all lines of business.
• Articulate impact throughout all messaging.
• Responsible for the corporate brand planning and execution across all platforms.
• Lead and oversee internal and external Marketing and Communications, Strategy, and HR. This includes driving collaboration with all stakeholders.
• Lead, when required, the engagement, management and partnership with external creative and media agencies, HR agencies, and other third-party suppliers as required.
• Liaise and inform the Board.
• Other responsibilities and duties as required to drive successful outcomes for NBIF and its stakeholders.
• Post-secondary education/university degree in Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience across the domains of the job responsibilities with a particular focus required on strategy, and marketing and communications at a senior leadership level.
• Demonstrated experience as a senior strategic leader with the ability to establish and build healthy, respectful working relationships, enabling individuals to achieve effective results.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and credibly manage internal and external relationships.
• Agency leadership experience is an asset.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from conception to completion and within prescribed timelines.
• Experience working with government, the startup and research ecosystem, and/or the tech sector is considered an asset.
• Willingness to travel occasionally, mostly throughout New Brunswick and Atlantic Canada.
• Written and spoken competencies in both French and English at an Intermediate Plus level or better is an asset but not required.
Work With Us
A career with NBIF is one with purpose. While working with NBIF you will shape the innovation and economic future of our province. You will work with global leading researchers and emerging entrepreneurs to deliver solutions for our provincial priorities and spur the creation of tomorrow's most exciting and rapidly growing companies. You will be part of the economic growth and economic transformation of New Brunswick.
NBIF invests in its people. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a comprehensive group health insurance plan, a wellness rebate, paid professional development opportunities, and annual performance-based compensation reviews. Vacation is encouraged, and employee wellness is top of mind.
While NBIF's head office is in Fredericton, we do have working space in both Saint John and Moncton and are open to candidates who could work out of one of these three locations.
At NBIF, our team members bring unique perspectives and experiences. We believe diversity drives innovation; we celebrate and value the different voices of our team. We foster a culture that encourages and empowers you to bring your authentic self to work.