Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the System Designer is responsible for the design and implementation of capital projects in the Outside Plant network. Taking ownership of design projects, the System Designer will develop and track project schedules, complete coaxial and fiber designs in accordance with establish standards, issue work to contractors, schedule construction, and order/monitor all materials associated with the project. The System Designer will also prepare and issue tenders, provide project cost estimates for budgeting, prepare capital expenditure approval documentation and will be responsible for handling matters pertaining to contractor quotes and invoicing ensuring accuracy.
The successful candidate will be customer focused, have exceptional analytical and communication skills coupled with the skills sets to manage multiple projects effectively within a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or completion of an Electronic Technologist/Technician program
- 2 years of previous work experience in telecom outside plant (Coax, copper, fibre) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD or similar design programs
- Exposure to project management principals, previous project management experience an asset
- Ability to anticipate, identify, solve and prevent problems Understanding of capital budgets
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment while taking ownership of individual responsibilities
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry an asset
- Participate in and support a positive work environment
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!