Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2023-69749 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH RLF TeamMedSur LPN
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPNA)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $29.62 to $31.82 per hour
To provide nursing care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse in a collaborative practice work environment on the following units: 3CN, 3CS, 3DS, 4BS, 4CN, 5AS, ED, SI/MICU, 5AN, 5BN
- Currently registered with the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses
- Demonstrates and understands the Nursing Process
- Previous nursing experience is beneficial but not mandatory
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Good work record
- CPR certification, WHMIS, and mandatory annual e-learn
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
- To work within the SJRH Relief Team -Family Medicine LPN Cluster
- Assesses the health care needs of patients, including patients assigned to non-professional staff
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool
- Identifies needs affecting discharge planning and potential services required at home
- Collaborates with the patient and health care team to formulate objectives specific to the patient needs
- Provides health teaching, counseling and health promotion to individuals or groups
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship
- Supports new employees during orientation
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development and assumes responsibility for updating own education to ensure current knowledge of nursing theory and practice (including current CPR recertification)
- Interacts with the nursing departments in identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating changes
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement on nursing units
- Dependent upon operational need may be required to work in areas outside the Family Medicine Relief Team
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by May 31, 2023.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2023-69749 -External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.