BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non-Bargaining
JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time
SCHEDULE: Day, 8 and 12-hour shifts. Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Bilingual essential
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
Reporting to the Director of Forensic and Tertiary Psychiatry Services, the successful candidate will assist with the supervision of all forensic and tertiary psychiatry programs. This person will participate actively in the creation and supervision of clinical programs and staff assigned to direct patient care. This person will also provide liaison with the medical team and the other professional departments. This person is responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining a uniform quality and performance management process. The incumbent may need to carry out various other mandates based on operational needs.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or another relevant field;
- Master's in management considered an asset;
- Minimum of five years' experience in a health care management position;
- Eight to ten years' experience in the health care field;
- Experience supervising/managing staff and strong coaching skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the mental health and addiction sectors, and experience in program creation and implementation;
- Combination of training and experience deemed equivalent may be taken into consideration;
- Ease forging internal and external partnerships due to their knowledge of the sector and ability to bring people together;
- Good leadership and communication skills;
- Strategic-thinking skills and innovative and collaborative management style;
- Strong skills in problem solving and in program planning, development and evaluation;
- Ability to function with ease in a changing environment and strong skills implementing change management strategies;
- Solid experience managing human and financial resources and information in general;
- Recognized ability to achieve results, whether directly or through teamwork;
- Ability to use the computer tools common within the health network;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
1. Position to be reviewed by the Part III Classification Committee.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.