Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2022-62766b External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
DEPARTMENT: Addiction and Mental Health / 3700 unit
FACILITY: Addiction and Mental Health Services (Moncton)
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: psycologist
CLASSIFICATION: Psychologist 1 (PC01)
LANGUAGE: Bilingual Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $45.2993 to $54.5484 per hour
The Psychologist – Addictions and Mental Health, is responsible for providing professional clinical psychological services.
- A Masters degree in Clinical Psychology with three years of supervised experience or a PhD in Psychology with year of supervised experience.
- Must be licensed as a Psychologist under the New Brunswick College of Psychologists Act.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French are required (B2.1 or Advanced).
The Psychologist – Addictions and Mental Health is responsible for:
- Preparing for, administering and interpreting psychological tests
- Assessing clients and developing and implementing treatment plans
- Developing and facilitating therapeutic interventions for individuals and groups
- Providing emergency/crises intervention/stabilization services
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Building relationships with critical stakeholders in government and the community
- Supervising and overseeing the work of psychometrists or psychology assistants
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Group Facilitation
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 31, 2023.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-62766b External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.