Req Id: 410215
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell's industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Preparedness and Planning, as Corporate Emergency Specialist, you will primarily be responsible for supporting the development and continuous improvement of BCE's Emergency Management preparedness concepts and related projects across the organization. The Planning and Preparedness team works with various Business Units to develop Crisis Management processes and procedures, which is essential for ensuring that Bell is resilient to a wide range of crises and incidents.Key Responsibilities
The position has the following main duties:
• Utilize and validate Emergency Management concepts and practices within our program
• Investigate, comprehend and interpret various municipal, provincial and federal codes and regulations related to emergency management of people and assets
• Develop and update program documents including policies, directives, and procedures to ensure compliance requirements and industry best practices
• Influence and engage the appropriate individuals to support program development
• Guide and coordinate various internal and external teams to meet program objectives
• Provide ongoing communication and subject matter expertise to program stakeholders
• Develop and implement new processes to forecast and track benefits and risks
• Be the liaison and provide governance between various cross-functional teams
• Utilize best practice project delivery concepts in supporting all aspects of our teams Emergency Management preparedness and planning deliverables
• Engage internal/external subject matter experts during the development and maintenance of various Emergency Management projects
• Facilitate project teams and inter-departmental working groups aimed at developing and aligning Emergency Management processes
• Engage and influence senior management and executives through all project phases to ensure alignment and sign-off on key areas
• Create and manage controls for business case inputs to ensure end-to-end consistency of benefits
• Implement change management practices
• Effectively manage overlapping tasks and projects to identify risks and meet corporate strategic objectives
• Analyze and interpret various forms of data, including internal Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Create and manage presentations and dashboards for internal teams/stakeholders
- 5 years of experience in Preparedness and Planning
- Previous experience in interdepartmental project coordination and delivery
- The ideal candidate holds a bachelor degree in a pertinent discipline
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Experience in preparing and presenting to senior management levels
- Proven interpersonal skills including ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience in working with virtual teams
- Ability to recognize opportunities through proactive and "out of the box" thinking
- Proficiency in MS applications, primarily Excel, Work and Power Point
- Proven skills in planning, organizing and prioritizing
- Ability to establish priorities and execute in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong time management skills
- Experience in Emergency Management & Preparedness, or an equivalent field, including resiliency programs such as fire prevention, business continuity, incident management or risk management
- Certified @ a 200 level in ICS/IMS
- Experience in large corporations or government agencies
- Ability to understand complex dynamics of working with multiple stakeholders with divergent interests
- Comfortable communicating at all different levels, from cross-functional to executive
- PM/PMO experience an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: temporary assignment - acting
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/26/2023
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at in[email protected].
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.