GEMTEC is a growing firm with offices throughout Atlantic Canada and in Ontario, and we are looking for a motivated and skilled Civil Engineering or Environmental Professional to join our Team. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
We currently have an opening for a fulltime Civil Engineering or Environmental Professional in our Fredericton, NB office.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate familiarity with the following:
- Assisting and leading field investigations, including supervision of borehole drilling and monitoring well installation, test pit investigations, and surface water and groundwater sampling.
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals including coordination of subcontractors.
- Compilation, tabulation, and interpretation of field and analytical results.
- Field and / or laboratory testing and sampling of soil, sediment, water, air, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt.
- Environmental field surveys including but not limited to flora and fauna identification, bird surveys, wetland delineations and functional assessments.
- Other duties as required.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering, environmental sciences, or related studies.
- Eligible to register as a CET or EIT is considered an asset.
- Experience with related field work or construction is an asset.
- 1-year Full time salaried position.
- Candidates must:
- be indigenous
- have graduated in the last 3 years or be graduating this year
- and, currently under/un-employed.
Successful applicants must have a valid driver's license.
This position requires fieldwork, in a range of weather conditions, including working in remote locations.
Ability to work in a dynamic consulting environment that requires flexibility and the willingness to work overtime, as required.
Work With Us
Apply here: https://gemtec.bamboohr.com/careers/93
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be! Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.