GEMTEC is a growing firm with offices throughout Atlantic Canada and in Ontario, and we are looking for a motivated and skilled Intermediate/ Senior Biologist or Ecologist to join our Team. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
We currently have an opening for a fulltime Intermediate/ Senior Biologist or Ecologist in our St. John's, NL office.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience most of the following areas:
- Conduct, plan, and assist aquatic field programs (i.e., fish rescues, fish habitat assessments, and stream surveys).
- Conduct and assist terrestrial field programs (i.e., wetland delineation and functional assessments, baseline habitat assessments, vegetation surveys, nesting bird surveys).
- Conduct fieldwork to collect data on species distribution, population density, and ecological processes,
- Analyze data using statistical software and interpret findings.
- Support the preparation of environmental approvals and permits for projects (federal, provincial and municipal levels).
- Support the preparation of environment impact assessment reporting.
- Develop and implement management plans to protect and restore ecosystems.
- Collaborate with other professionals in related fields, such as environmental scientists and conservationists.
- Maintenance of field equipment.
- Travel throughout Atlantic Canada in support of the above activities, as required.
- Other duties, as required.
- Following all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Bachelor of Science (Biology, Environmental Science, Forestry) or Environmental Technologist Diploma.
- 5 - 10 years of related work experience, preferably in the consulting industry.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in the field and in the application of natural environment consulting provincial or federal Environmental Assessment and Environmental Impact Studies.
- Experience conducting field work, and willingness to travel to undertake field work as required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and working in remote areas).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Wetland Delineation Training Wetland Ecosystem Services Protocol Training, or Backpack Electrofishing Certification, an asset.
Work With Us
- Full time salaried position.
- Providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 may be a condition of employment. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis in relation to local health guidelines and/or client requirements/regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Interested individuals, click here to apply: https://gemtec.bamboohr.com/careers/94
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.