COMPETITION #: 2023-67673 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: DVA Inter Med
FACILITY: Ridgewood Veterans Wing
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPNA)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL - Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, Standby and Call Back, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $29.62 to $31.82 per hour (Subject to employment status)
To provide nursing care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse
- Graduation from an approved school for Licensed Practical Nurses
- Must be currently registered with the N.B. Association of Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Willing to complete any relevant advanced competency education or training.
- Required to work both nursing units, Victory lane and Liberty lane.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction without constant supervision.
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgement and the ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- High regard for confidentiality.
- Relevant work experience as a registered nursing assistant within the past five years.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by March 29 , 2023.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2023- 67673 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.