Posted: March 16, 2023
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
IT Security Analyst
Information Technology Services Department
Professional Staff Group Regular
Classification: Non-union/Professional Band D
Salary Rate: $55,640 - $67,974 (based on 40 hours per week)
The IT Security Analyst is part of a team responsible for securing the university's technology infrastructure through implementation and maintenance of policy, technologies, and education that support the institution's cyber security program.
- Ensures IT systems' security through monitoring, secure access, control, and security evaluations.
- Plans, implements, and upgrades security measures and controls for university systems. Researches, recommends, and installs appropriate tools and countermeasures.
- Establishes protocols to protect data and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction.
- Anticipates and investigates security threats, alerts, incidents, and disasters and reduces their likelihood.
- Analyzes security threats and breaches to determine their risk / root cause, brings to the attention of senior IT leadership, and provides thorough post-event analysis and reports.
- Performs ongoing vulnerability analysis and/or coordinates target vulnerability testing, risk analyses.
- Participates in security program assessments and plays key role in developing annual cybersecurity plans.
- Conducts and/or coordinates security audits of internal systems and externally hosted (cloud) systems.
- Develops and/or maintains security awareness and other IT security training programs. Acts as the advocate of good security practices on campus.
- Mentor fellow employees in security awareness and procedures.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 7-11 years progressive, proven experience in IT systems and/or network administration, and cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity industry certifications would be considered an asset.
- Strong work ethic and proven success working in a team environment.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as required.
- Experience in a university environment is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Closing date for applications is 1 p.m. (AT) on Friday March 31st, 2023. To apply please submit a letter of application and a resume in confidence to Human Resources, StFX University at [email protected]. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
StFX is located in Mi'kma'ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People.
StFX is seeking candidates who are committed to contributing to our priorities of equity, diversity, and inclusion. A demonstrated ability in fostering a climate of inclusion and cultural safety is a strong asset. Preference will be given to applicants who bring lived experience of historically excluded groups.
We are also committed to the elimination of barriers to participation for persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 902-867-5038.
StFX employees work in an open and challenging environment with other members of our dedicated faculty and staff. Employees join the Xaverian community on our beautiful campus and have the opportunity to contribute to everyday Xaverian life and help foster inclusivity and sense of closeness that embodies the Xaverian community.
In addition to a starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, and employees participate in the university's pension plan. Other benefits include paid vacation and holidays (including university winter break), and tuition discounts for employees/dependants.
StFX is committed to supporting the well-being of the whole person through a comprehensive effort that includes key elements of a healthy workplace: physical environment, healthy lifestyles, mental health, and workplace culture. Various wellness resources are available to employees and eligible family members including an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
IT Services encourages and supports your growth (technical and leadership) through formal training, professional development, and mentorship. We offer remote or hybrid work where possible and promote work/life balance.
About St. Francis Xavier University
Established in 1853, St. Francis Xavier University (StFX) is consistently recognized as one of the best universities in Canada. StFX exceeds the needs of today's undergraduates through providing the very best academic experience -- outstanding teaching, exceptional hands-on research opportunities, and global exchanges -- all within Canada's most vibrant and inspiring residential campus. Here, the focus is on the academic and the personal development of every student, making community and social engagement a large part of the learning experience. Our students are academically strong and highly engaged in every aspect of life, determined to make a positive impact on the world.
In 2022, Maclean's annual university rankings put StFX #1 in student satisfaction and #2 in reputation across Canada in the primarily undergraduate category.
For more, visit www.stfx.ca
About Antigonish, Nova Scotia
The beautiful and historic town of Antigonish, Nova Scotia, is located in the northeastern corner of Nova Scotia. We're only a 15-minute drive from the ocean and two-hour drive to major urban centres. With a diverse and growing population, Antigonish is a family friendly town with lots of opportunities, access to good education at all levels, recreation, sports and culture activities. It is surrounded by rolling countryside with hiking and beautiful beaches. We enjoy a vibrant culture in the arts with music, performing arts, visual arts and crafts, and fabulous festivals throughout the year. For more information, visit www.townofantigonish.ca or www.visitantigonish.ca.