One (1) Regular Position
Energy Control Centre, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Competition # E20427-2023
At NB Power, we work hard every day to provide reliable, safe and sustainable energy. We're committed to a vision of sustainable energy for future generations. Why? Because we're New Brunswickers too. We have over 2,600 employees across New Brunswick who are dedicated to where they live and work. Together, we deliver energy solutions to more than 400,000 New Brunswickers at home, work and in their community.
The IT Specialist I-IV role is responsible for IT related maintenance and operation of SCADA platforms and infrastructure. The role will report to Digital Technology at the Energy Control Centre and will work closely with a number of other sections and roles such as:
- Distribution Engineering and the SCADA Application Engineer during commissioning of field devices in distribution substations, DER facilities and along feeders.
- Digital Technology counterparts in transmission to establish the maintenance practices for Advanced Distribution Management System from experience of the transmission SCADA/EMS.
- Digital Technology Lead and System Integrator through design, testing and implementation on deployment of hardware, security and infrastructure associated with SCADA.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) Project.
- Support and Design for ADMS Server Systems.
- Troubleshoot ADMS/SCADA issues, maintaining stability and security.
- Provide real time IT support once systems become operational after project completion.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Computer Science OR Bachelor Engineering OR Bachelor Electrical Engineering OR Equivalent university degree with specialization in system support.
- A minimum of 4 - 6 years' experience in one or a combination of the following:
- Experience with SCADA or other control systems (e.g., OSI Monarch).
- Experience with Industry communication protocols (e.g., DNP3, ICCP).
- Experience with network Management
- Must have Networking and/or Firewall experience.
Work With Us
An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be modified.
An Eligibility List generated from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within a period of up to 12 months.
Please ensure a resume and a copy of your degree/diploma/certificate are attached to your online application.
NB Power will accept foreign credentials as long as they are considered acceptable by a recognized Canadian educational institution. Candidates with foreign education credentials are required to provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the candidate. For more information, you may refer to the Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials at Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials: https://www.cicic.ca/1374/obtain_an_academic_credential_assessment_for_general_purposes.canada
In order to be considered for this employment opportunity you must be eligible to work in Canada.
For questions concerning this job opening please contact Julie Rideout Gallibois at [email protected]
Please note that only applications submitted through the NB Power website will be considered, as the showing of our postings on various websites may not have been requested or approved.
Closing date: 11:59 p.m. AST, March 29, 2023
NB Power is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity