SHIFT Energy is looking for a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with software development experience in python, to join our team full time.
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of a wide variety of product components.
- Write well designed, easily testable, and efficient code.
- Contribute to the development of project plans and timelines by providing estimates for planned work.
- Review and contributes to refinement of business requirements.
- Handle multiple tasks with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Research advances in development tools and techniques, recommending and introducing process changes as appropriate.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree
- Experience in functional design of Engineering solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proficient in Python Development.
- Domain knowledge and/or training in control, fluids, thermodynamics.
- Experience with requirements gathering and creating test cases.
- Comfortable working with experimental design type environment, developing PoC, simulations and prototypes.
- HVAC systems and building control systems knowledge is considered an asset.
- Modeling with physics and Gaussian Process based models is considered an asset.
- Product development experience is considered an asset.
Work With Us
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
- Values-driven workplace where people really matter
- Flexible hours of work and remote/work from home option
- Competitive salary and bonus plan: stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, life and disability insurance plans
- Paid vacation plus an extra week of paid Mariner MyLife days, and
- Unlimited training
Join our growing team!