IMP Group is a privately-held investment corporation, working to support our diverse business divisions to develop and deliver substantial value and growth in industries ranging from aerospace to hospitality. At IMP, we know our employees are central to our business success and so we cultivate and support our teams to be strategic, competitive, forward-thinking, resilient and innovative. If you are searching for a distinctive professional challenge, the exciting next step in your career is here at IMP.The Opportunity:
IMP Group International Inc. is searching for a Junior Business Intelligence Developer to join our Information Technology department. If you are a focused, detail-oriented person who prides themselves on a job well done, you are our ideal candidate! This is an excellent opportunity for your professional growth and development by working with a collaborative and supportive team of professionals.What You Will Do:
- Work as part of team to develop, document, test and support software for aeronautical engineering software applications, focusing on data warehouse reporting and custom software applications
- Deliver data warehouse solutions using Microsoft's SQL Server with SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services and Reporting Services along with Power BI desktop and Report Server
- Create documentation for system requirements, design, and user guides
- Deploy high-quality, on-time completion of all projects, support services, and verbal commitments. Provide effective oral and written project status updates and presentations along with tracking time spent towards projects
- Manage incoming service support requests and route to appropriate support groups if required
- Use best practices to collaborate with project teams to analyze and resolve complex problems (i.e., post deployment failures, IT issues, user request issues, troubleshooting, and change management issues)
- Report problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to internal customers, team and executives/management
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
- 3 weeks paid vacation annually
- Professional development and training opportunities
- BSc or equivalent certificate in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Ability to pass relevant government security clearances (i.e., Public Services and Procurement Canada, Level II (Secret) with the Department of National Defense, etc.)
- Familiar with BI technologies such as; MS Visual Studio and DevOps, Power BI desktop and report server, analysis and integration services
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Open to ongoing training to build your skillset
- Ability to learn new technology and apply them to software solutions
- Demonstrate professionalism through communication and overall conduct
If you are ready to grow in your next professional opportunity with IMP Group International Inc., we want to hear from you!
Apply online at by March 17, 2023.
IMP Group is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations and positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.