POSITION TITLE: Security Guard Instructor/Trainer – Kingston
REPORTS TO: Manager, Training
In this role, you will be responsible for coaching and developing our security guard team. Your primary focus will be delivering our security guard training program. This role requires you to be dynamic, energetic, and a confident presenter!
Why Choose Paladin
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Benefits & Other Perks
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
- Teach training classes as directed by the Training Manager
- Conduct and instruct courses in the time allotted
- Assess, evaluate and test students in class material via written and physical formats
- Complete all required administration and documents for all classes held (i.e. certificates, attendance sheets and student files)
- Update employee certifications, renewals and in-class training schedules
- Provide input to class and student progress or deficiencies to the Training Manager
- 1 – 2 years of experience in security or an instructor/teaching position
- Successfully complete certification to instruct company approved courses as well as Paladin specific designed courses
- Physically fit, of good health and no physical limitations that would inhibit the instruction of all physically driven courses
- The ability to teach and lecture to large groups
- Teaching and or training experience
- Certified in MOAB, UOF and CPR C is required
- Post-secondary education in Police foundations, Criminology, law and security is an asset
- Be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends
- Able to travel distances away from the Toronto office to instruct classes.
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.