The Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq
Department of Community Services and Infrastructure
Asset Management Technician
About The CMM
The Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq (The CMM) is a Tribal Council representing the eight Mi'kmaq communities of mainland Nova Scotia. Our mission is to proactively promote and assist Mi'kmaq communities' initiatives towards self-determination and enhancement of community. The CMM's Department of Community Services and Infrastructure (DCSI) is currently looking for a motivated and knowledgeable candidate to fill the role of Asset Management Technician.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Community Services and Infrastructure, and reporting to the Manager of Engineering Services, the Asset Management (AM) technician is responsible for assisting in implementation and operation of the GIS system and asset management database at The CMM that will act as a hub for all community assets. This includes managing and collecting data on all assets of member communities, assisting with the implementation of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and providing technical support to community asset designates, as required. This position will involve working directly with communities to educate staff members on the purpose and benefits of implementing an asset management and maintenance management plans. This position will be based primarily out of community offices currently undertaking asset management implementation.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Programming includes the Extended Asset Conditioning Reporting System (EACRS), maintenance management, asset management, and capital planning.
- Provide training on AM concepts to communities interested in an AM Program. Training will be based on Assembly of First Nations Asset Management materials for First Nations.
- Input of existing data into a GIS database and collection of additional asset information where required. This will include GPS capture of linear assets and point.
- Assist in implementing and operating asset management database and associated software to act as an information hub for all community data.
- Assist in developing a multi-year plan to implement the system in all communities.
- Link new information and capital asset programming information to the computerized system with continue updating and maintenance, as required.
- Assist communities with the further refinement and implementation of maintenance management plans. This will include engaging with community staff and documenting current maintenance management processes to identify where gaps exist and better understand the needs of each community.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in, Engineering (EIT), GIS technology, data management, asset management or other relevant field of study
- Two to three years of relevant working experience, and experience working with GIS/Asset Management systems
- Experience with ESRI systems and/or AutoCAD
- Topographic surveying experience
- QA/QC experience considered an asset
- Experience in project and program management
- Experience working in or with First Nation communities considered an asset
- Experience working in or with Municipal Public Works
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Why work with us?
The Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq (The CMM) is well known throughout Canada as a professional organization that is committed to providing a pleasant and healthy working environment for all its employees. As an organization, we understand that a great work/life balance is essential to success. As a full-time employee you can expect:
- An atmosphere that is both professional and family oriented.
- Enrollment in the organization's benefits packages on your first day of employment with no waiting period, which includes Health & Dental, and Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Generous amounts of paid time off (Paid Statutory Holidays plus St. Anne's Day and National Indigenous Peoples Day, Summer Shutdown, Christmas Shutdown, plus 1 week of discretionary vacation time (up to 2 weeks based on length of service within first nations communities).
- Social Committee, Staff Days, Staff Knowledge Days, etc.
If you would like to join The CMM Family, please see below on how to apply for this position.
Salary Range: $45,000- $60,000 per year based on qualifications and experience. This is a 1-year probationary contract with opportunity to become permanent based on funding availability.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Submit Cover Letter AND Resume to: Human Resources
c/o The Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq
PO Box 1590, Truro, Nova Scotia B2N 5V3
Email: [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer; however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the
Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Only those applicants who provide an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter and qualify for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate may be required to submit a current criminal record check. Non-Canadian applicants must be able to provide proof of current entitlement of eligibility to work in Canada.