About Atlantic Cultivation & Atlantic Cannabis (ACL)
Atlantic Cultivation is a fully integrated cannabis producer and retailer located in the heart of St. John's, NL. We cultivate strains of exceptional quality in our purpose-built facility and take those products to market in our 8 retail stores, called Atlantic Cannabis. In 2022 we ranked #1 in market share in NL, and in 2023 we're excited to be taking our product country wide!
All facets of our organization operate around our core values, which are a commitment to quality, community, and fun! These values form the core of all our business operations and are at the forefront of all decisions we make.
The Role - Cultivation Manager
The Cultivation Manager is tasked with all growing, trimming, and care of plants for ACL's production facility, as well as the oversight of the Cultivation Technicians & Leads. They are expected to maintain a superior level of cannabis growing knowledge and be able to transform that knowledge into consistently superior cannabis cultivation.
- Responsible for consistently growing premium cannabis. You know what qualities a consumer of premium cannabis is looking for and what conditions are needed to produce this.
- Plan and manage all aspects of cannabis production, from propagation to harvest completion, and drying.
- Oversee and monitor plant health and quality, and be able to spot and rectify areas of concern, if/when they arise.
- Work with various stakeholders to help ensure IPM, sanitation and destruction activities are being carried out to standard.
- Set and oversee the production schedule, maintaining a smooth workflow and manageable pace.
- Ensure production targets, schedules and quality metrics are consistently met.
- Supervise plant care activities according to ACL SOPs
- Perform and document harvest activities in accordance with ACL SOPs
- Generate and maintain official records in a neat, concise, and accurate manner.
- Deliver and maintain accurate tracking and reporting of all departmental data points.
- Maintain a sanitary working environment and excellent personal hygiene.
- Display strong leadership qualities while promoting a positive work environment and working cohesively with team members.
- Adhere to and promote established security protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
Most importantly, a superior level of cannabis growing knowledge is required.
Education & Experience
- At a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience in commercial cannabis horticulture.
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role.
- In possession of a Health Canada Security Clearance, or able to obtain one asap.
- Experienced growing and caring for cannabis grown in rockwool is desirable.
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional leadership and coaching abilities.
- Great communication skills - proficiently able to read/write/speak in English.
- Exceptional organization and coordination abilities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is crucial.
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Normal hours are Mon to Fri, occasional weekends may be required.
- Work location is at our production facility in St. John's, NL
- Valid driver's license and vehicle
- Must be 19 or older and able to compete a Criminal Record Check
- Pay will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including full H&D, EFAP, RRSP matching program, and on-site fitness facility. Our culture is fun and laid back, and the dress is casual.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We foster a safe and respectful work environment and strive to ensure our employees are representing that back into their communities.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] no later than March 31, 2023.
Cover letters should identify what excites you about the cannabis industry and why you want to work for ACL. And resumes should clearly indicate how your experience and skills meet our requirements.
This opportunity is only available to candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.