GEMTEC is a growing firm with offices throughout Atlantic Canada and in Ontario, and we are looking for a motivated and skilled Junior Hydrogeologist/ Environmental Engineer/ Geoscientist to join our Team. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
We currently have an opening for a fulltime Junior Hydrogeologist/ Environmental Engineer/ Geoscientist in our Fredericton, NB office.
The opportunity involves working as part of a team of hydrogeologists, environmental engineers, scientists and technologists on a variety of projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual looking for a challenge in a dynamic work environment.
- Field testing and sampling of soil, sediment, surface water, groundwater, soil vapour, air and hazardous building materials.
- Measuring and recording field data using equipment, such as water quality meters, water level meters, oil/water interface probes, photoionization detectors, data loggers, GPS and survey gear, etc.
- Sampling and quantifying potentially hazardous building materials.
- Oversight of drilling and general contractors during the assessment and remediation of contaminated sites.
- Oversight of well drilling contractors during pumping tests/water supply assessments.
- Working with and carrying heavy loads of equipment, supplies and environmental samples in adverse conditions (e.g., terrain, weather).
- Adhering to client and corporate health and safety protocols/procedures/practices.
- Producing detailed documentation of field conditions, measurements, and observations to aid in the preparation of client deliverables (drawings/site plans, borehole/monitoring well logs, photo logs, data tables, written reports, etc.).
- Assisting in preparation of proposals and technical deliverables (e.g., environmental site assessment and remediation reports, hydrogeology / water supply assessment reports, etc.).
- Compilation, organization, and interpretation of laboratory data and regulatory criteria.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in geological engineering, geoscience, environmental engineering, hydrogeology or civil engineering.
- Eligible to register with APEGNB as an MIT (EIT or GIT).
- Previous environmental sampling or hydrogeology experience (via summer or co-op work terms) considered an asset.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and Word to tabulate data and prepare reports is required. Proficiency in other relevant software programs including AQTESOLV, MODFLOW, AutoCAD, GIS, and Adobe Acrobat, are considered an asset.
Work With Us
- Full time salaried position.
- Providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 may be a condition of employment. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis in relation to local health guidelines and/or client requirements/regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license and will be responsible to have a vehicle for work.
- A criminal record search will be required for successful applicants as part of the company's due diligence process.
What does GEMTEC have to offer you?
- Flexible work hours
- Unique, collaborative team-based work environment
- Ability to shape the job to your own career goals and objectives
- Benefits package including competitive salary, supplementary health care package, RRSP match plan, performance bonuses and other benefits
Interested individuals, click here to apply: https://gemtec.bamboohr.com/careers/76
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.