Reporting to the VP Construction & Development, the Safety Manager will lead the ongoing development and implementation of Cresco's safety culture. As the safety leader, the Safety Manager's prime role is to continually improve, know, advise, and train on, and enforce Cresco's safety program, safety policies, rules, codes of practice, and legislative compliance, as they impact all Cresco's employees, projects, and contractors.
- Implement and monitor Cresco's safety program to ensure all employees, contractors, and stakeholders comply with all applicable acts, regulations, and codes of practice
- Visit work sites on a regular basis to maintain a safety presence with employees and contractors
- Provide superintendents and site personnel with guidance and support to ensure onsite safe work practices
- Promote open discussion of safety concerns/issues, best practices, and review accidents/incidents/near misses to identify and develop corrective actions
- Develop and implement an injury and incident prevention strategy
- Review all safety related incidents to determine causes and make recommendations to management on remedial action to prevent recurrence
- Oversee the tracking of accidents/incidents/near misses to identify trends and to assist in the development of policies/procedures/corrective action to minimize the potential for reoccurrence
- Oversee the completion of health and safety inspections for various work areas and locations
- Oversee safety audits to maintain company letters of good standing as required
- Issue written violation reports as required to employees, supervisors, and sub-contractors for cases of non-compliance, and take appropriate corrective action
- Review site safety inspection reports and job hazard assessment forms for completion and verifications of action taken on areas requiring corrective action
- 5+ years' experience in a safety role in the construction industry
- Professional safety designations and a record of current training
- Proficient knowledge of related government acts, legislation, and requirements
- Proven ability to successfully manage and engage key stakeholders, employees, and contractors to align with the Cresco safety culture
- Familiar with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Superior organizational and analytical skills
- Communication: Excellent writing and speaking skills are needed when communicating with trades, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Time-Management: Deadlines are crucial. Proactive planning is required to ensure that everything is on schedule and moving smoothly.
- Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities
- A commitment to engage with a fast-paced team in a busy environment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.