GEMTEC is a growing firm with offices throughout Atlantic Canada and in Ontario, and we are looking for a motivated and skilled Water Resources Engineer to join our Team. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
We currently have an opening for a fulltime Water Resources Engineer in our St. John's, NL office.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Provide technical support on a wide variety of water resources projects, as well as hydrogeological and environmental projects; including the preparation and supervision of field programs, data collection, data analysis, technical report writing, and proposal preparation.
- Coordinate with hydrogeologists.
- Support other multidisciplinary programs, as needed, including environmental field biological and hydrological surveys, soil, groundwater, sediment and surface water sampling, and contaminated site assessment programs.
- Assist intermediate and senior staff in preparing proposals and cost estimates, performing engineering and geoscience analysis and writing technical reports presenting field findings, data analysis results, recommendations, etc.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in civil, water resources, or environmental engineering.
- Registration or Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association.
- Prior experience in a consulting or engineering environment is an asset.
Work With Us
- Full time salaried position.
- Providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 may be a condition of employment. Exceptions to this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis in relation to local health guidelines and/or client requirements/regulations.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Interested individuals, click here to apply: https://gemtec.bamboohr.com/careers/81
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn't for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.