Req Id: 407748
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell's industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Reporting to the Director of Employee Services, the Senior Manager Payroll services is responsible for the operational management of the activities of their sector. They will work in collaboration with various teams, both within the company and with external suppliers. Also, they will manage the performance of both managerial and unionized employees.
The Senior Payroll Manager is also responsible for the implementation and documentation of improvement projects or initiatives affecting their sector. Their priorities include analysis and audit components. They will demonstrate leadership by example and will actively involved in change management by communicating clearly to the team. In addition, they will make decisions to solve complex problems, escalates major issues and act as a resource person for all issues related to their sector of activity.
• Plan and coordinate all payroll processing activities accurately and on schedule;
• Managing a team of two Managers and 20 unionized employees including goal setting and performance management;
• Conduct regular analyses to assess trends and workload management;
• Analyze various performance indicators in order to establish the team's performance (call volumes and questions from employees, daily activities, trends);
• Analyze and revise processes to optimize and increase team efficiency;
• Act as a resource person for the HR team in all matters related to payroll processing and rules;
• Participate in the realization of annual projects, payroll related system changes needs.
• Develop plans and strategies for improvement projects in accordance with best practices in payroll delivery.
• Leading transformations to improve service quality and efficiency while applying best practices in change management
• Analyze and review processes in order to recommend and implement solutions that meet the highest level of service.
• Lead the implementation of projects of varying complexity involving system changes
• Develop strong relationships and collaborate effectively with all relevant teams to identify and drive improvement opportunities
• Apply corporate governance rules and business processes in its operational decisions,
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience in operational task management / system implementation, prioritization and process review in the field of payroll and employee services.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a personnel management role supporting the development of employees in a unionized environment.
• Very good knowledge of payroll systems, SAP an asset
• Very good knowledge of the MS Office suite, expert in Excel
• Demonstrate a capacity for decision-making and proposing solutions to complex problems
• Demonstrate flexibility and strong, proven process improvement and control skills
• In the course of their duties, this person will be required to interact with French & English speaking stakeholders across Canada
• As part of the job, this person will be required to produce documents in French & English.
• Maintaining professional relationships with French & English speaking stakeholders across Canada is critical to this position.
• Ability to work well under pressure and in a changing environment
• Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency
• Demonstrate a strong sense of team work and collaboration
• Demonstrate interpersonal skills and flexibility in interpersonal relationship
• Great personal and professional integrity
• Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
• Experience in project management and change management
• Expertise in contact center and/or human resources
• Great customer orientation
**The person needs to work at the office from Monday-Wednesday. Office is located in Nuns Island.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/14/2023
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.