Mariner Innovations is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer with AWS experience to join our growing Infrastructure and Cloud Practice. In this role, you will be working with Mariner customers to deliver best of breed solutions.
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Oversee cloud data migration efforts, data synchronization services, and data migration appliance efforts.
- Build, release, and manage the configuration of production systems.
- Work alongside architecture and engineering teams to design and implement scalable software services.
- Ensure necessary system security by using best in class cloud security solutions.
- Troubleshoot the system and solve problems across all platform and application domains.
- Oversee pre-production acceptance testing to ensure the high quality of a company's services and products.
- Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary.
- Recommend process and architecture improvements.
- Computer Engineering or Computer Science degree
- 10+ years of related experience in IT Industry
- Experience designing and building web environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-native applications
- Experience configuring environments for high availability, failover and DR
- A solid background in Linux/Unix and Windows server system administration
- Experience installing and configuring different application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat, and WebLogic
- An understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems
- Proficiency in script development and scripting languages
- Experience in a consulting role is considered an asset
- Cloud certifications are considered an asset
Work With Us
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
- Values-driven workplace where people really matter
- Flexible hours of work and remote/work from home option
- Competitive salary and bonus plan: stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, life and disability insurance plans
- Paid vacation plus an extra week of paid Mariner MyLife days, and
- Unlimited training
Join our growing team!