As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell's leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.About the Team
The team behind Bell Media's Digital Video services is looking for a Senior Web Application Developer to join our engineering team.
You will join a dynamic, highly collaborative DevOps team to tackle challenges of all sizes at Bell Media. Our team believes in owning and supporting our entire technology stack and practices the mantra: 'Code it, Ship it, Run it.' We pride ourselves on building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their career. We believe that different experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills result in an adaptive, creative, high-performing team. As a community of software professionals, we are continually growing and learning to keep up with the fast pace of the software industry.
• Working as an engaged team player within a highly collaborative Dev Ops team.
• Contribute to the development of Bell Media's in-house Media Asset Manager.
• Participate in the team's ceremonies, including daily stand-up, backlog refinement, sprint planning and reviews with stakeholders.
• Supporting our product and project teams by delivering new features and experiences.
• Work with colleagues to test and troubleshoot behaviour in pre-release and live applications.
- Works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Uses an organized and logical approach to finding solutions to complex problems, looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems, and proposes several possible solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Passionate for building the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and services
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation and after-hours support when needed to restore critical services.
- Familiarity with Common UX/UI practices
- Familiarity with Web Frontend Development technologies (React, Vue.Js)
- Familiarity with Web Frontend Testing technologies
- Familiarity with C# and .NET Development
- Familiarity with Relational Databases (Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with Containers and Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with leading, coaching or mentoring team members
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Oshawa || Canada : Ontario : Waterloo
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 02/05/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Scarborough
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.