Mariner Innovations is currently seeking an Intermediate Database Administrator to join our IT Professional Services Team.
- Develop and review SQL Queries, stored procedures, views and triggers
- Develop reports in SQL Server Reporting Services
- Build SQL Server data models
- Create and manage documentation of SQL environment
- Create and implement database maintenance strategies including monitoring and tuning of SQL databases.
- Upgrade outdated SQL environments to supported versions
- Collaborate with other team members, vendors, and business stakeholders.
- Provide SQL assistance/support for departmental projects
- University degree or a combination of community college and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in DBA role
- Proven SQL Server Database Administration experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot through complex problems.
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external SQL Server database security.
- Proven experience working in a consultant role, including presenting complex technical concepts at an appropriate level for a wide range of audiences (technical, management, and executive).
Knowledge of the following would be beneficial:
- Demonstrated experience in IT projects/initiatives and experience within the public sector is considered an asset.
- Experience with other database systems, preferably Oracle is considered an asset
- Transition Microsoft Access databases to SQL environment
Work With Us
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation, benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
- Values-driven workplace where people really matter
- Flexible hours of work and remote/work from home option
- Competitive salary and bonus plan: stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, life and disability insurance plans
- Paid vacation plus an extra week of paid Mariner MyLife days, and
- Unlimited training
Join our growing team!