COMPETITION #: 2023-66170 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: LPNA
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPNA)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; TEMP: February 6, 2023 to February 3, 2024; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: : $29.62 to $31.82 per hour (Subject to employment status)
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, plans, prioritizes and implements patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse; promotes patients' self-care and appropriately assists with their activities of daily living; documents patient care, identifying and reporting pertinent information to the Registered Nurse. Perform other duties as assigned. May be reassigned throughout the department as required
- Graduate from an approved school for Licensed Practical Nurses
- Currently registered with the N.B. Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Ability to function within the recognized scope of practice for an LPN
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary - team setting
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment, and the ability to set priorities
- Current CPR certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- High regard for confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, staff, physicians and the general public
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by February 1, 2023.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2023-66170 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.