COMPETITION #: 2022-66100 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: 2600 OBS Combined Care
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights. TEMP March 10, 2023 - October 24, 2024. Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $35.69 to $45.22 per hour (Subject to employment status)
To coordinate the care of each patient's needs through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The needs of the family will be identified, and the appropriate resources notified. Services provided in this area include Obstetrics, Gynecology and Breast Health. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice to patients and their families, including newborn care education, and high-risk obstetrics, during their experience in the Women and Children's Health Program. The successful candidate will be required to complete training to provide care during caesarean sections and recover patients in the postoperative period. Although primarily assigned to Maternal Newborn Unit the incumbent will be required to work within the Women and Children's Health Program as necessary.
- Active registration with NANB
- Current BCLS certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification required within 6 months of hire
- Successful completion of the Fetal Health Surveillance monitoring course given during orientation
- Completed orientation in providing antepartum, intrapartum (labouring & birthing), postpartum care
- Breast feeding training completed within 1st year of hire
- Complete OR scrub course
- Completed orientation in Providing Mother-Baby operative and Postoperative Care
- Demonstrate communication, interpersonal, teaching and team building skills
- Demonstrate assessment skills and ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities, and complex patient situations
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by January 29, 2023.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-66100 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.