Req Id: 407820
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's forward-thinking Customer Operations team is creating the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers. We lead strategic development and execution of day-to-day operations, develop tools and processes to drive service enhancements, manage customer loyalty and retention, and leverage big data and artificial intelligence to create intellectual property.
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services, and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world. If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
This is a terrific opportunity for a high-tech professional to help transform the organization by supporting one of the most significant strategic mandates within Bell. As part of the Artificial Intelligence team, you will have the opportunity to use your data science and leadership skills to shape the next generation of AI/ML and transform how Bell operates.
You'll be supporting the Natural Language/Speech Technologies team, an industry leader with deep expertise in automatic speech recognition and speech analytics. You will build products and services that deliver on the promise of AI by solving complex, high-value business problems and work in a highly collaborative environment using Agile methodologies to understand, develop, and iterate on solutions that meet customer needs – all with access to world-class, cutting edge AI tools within a cloud environment.
Above all, we are looking for team members with a keen sense of ownership, resilience and drive. If you like dynamic projects and enjoy being challenged, if you can make progress when faced with ambiguous requirements and uncertainty, if you enjoy moving fast (and are not afraid of making a mistake or two on the way), then we may be the perfect team for you!Key Responsibilities
- The ability to help develop a data model for a growing Big Query environment
- Ownership of the data that is generated through Bell's speech to text pipeline
- You're team provides data analysis, dash boarding, and reporting to support the Speech technologies products and data science use cases
- Prepare data to support models, and build reporting to support model evaluation
- Work with the team to organize data to support the items above
- Managing internal partnerships across the organization to align and ensure adoption of AI vision and execution
- Persuade Marketing and Operations groups as to why they should leverage the power found within natural language modeling
- Support a multi year roadmap for Speech Technologies use cases
- Leading a team of Data Scientists, Business and Data Analysts
- Support a team of approximately 6
- Self motivated to deliver high-quality solutions and venture into the unknown!
- Hands on SQL experience, data analysis, and management reporting
- 2+ years experience in consulting, analytics or related disciplines
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- Demonstrated experience to attract, retain and develop strong talent and build a positive organization and team culture
- Experience working closely with VP level executives
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate across the team and work closely with stakeholders
- Strong business acumen, with an appreciation for the opportunities and constraints that accompany an ever-evolving competitive environment
- Proven project management and change management skills
- Degree in a discipline such as: Data Science, applied math, applied science / engineering, economics/econometrics, Business/commerce, or related area
- Advanced knowledge of model evaluation and monitoring
- Theoretical understanding of neural networks, backpropagation, and optimization algorithms with emphasis on mathematical understanding
- Experience in the telecom and/or call centre operation sector
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 01/29/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.