Req Id: 407713
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.Job Description
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required. Shifts may vary.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, CTV Winnipeg is seeking an experienced and motivated self-starter with superior journalism skills.
- Appearing on-air, interviewing, writing, shooting, editing, voicing, producing and reporting, of local news stories on deadline for both television and digital.
- Editorial decision making. Maintain and developing relationships with key stakeholders in various areas of the market including; economic, political, industrial, retail, law enforcement.
- Generate original story ideas.
- Edit and transmit video remotely using IP technology
- Producing, writing and posting editorial content for the station web and social media platforms
- Live reporting
- Weekend and late night assignments
- Other related duties as assigned
- A degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary program and at least 5 years of related reporting experience.
- Experience in ENG photography and non-linear editing in a newsroom setting is an asset
- Demonstrated presentation and video journalism skills
- Proficiency in Canadian Press Style
- Excellent writing skills and strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills; the ability to work independently
- Solid editorial judgment and understanding of broadcast law.
- Computer literacy; experience in iNews a definite asset
- Ability to work well in a deadline-driven team environment
- Must have and maintain valid documents required for travel to the United States
- Must possess a valid Class 5 or equivalent driver's license
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/09/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.