We are seeking a Talent Development Specialist to join our Human Resource team and the role is located in our Saint John New Brunswick office. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, you will lead the development of a Corporate Leadership program for our Atlantic Canadian operations, with core content to be used in a global leadership program. You will also be responsible for charting defined career paths within the organization for potential leadership candidates and for those looking for career growth in the company.
You have experience designing leadership development programs in consultation with external and internal stakeholders. You are comfortable facilitating training for all levels within the organization. You can identify gaps in training needs and respond with aligned solutions and implement those solutions. You understand how to engage business and operational managers across the organization, you are able to easily connect with all levels within an organization, collaborate with external educators, and stay current on educational needs and resources.
In addition to development and delivery of programs, you are detailed in tracking metrics to measure learning success. Your attention to detail will assist you in keeping records and administration programs. You will bring strong content development and a thorough understanding of adult learning principles from your work experience. You are inspiring and motivating and have strong facilitation skills. You have worked in a similar role in either a corporate or educational environment.
- Post-secondary degree in adult education
- 10 years of experience in a learning and development role.
- Proven proficiency facilitating face to face and virtual instructor led training sessions
- Experience creating course content that is learner driven and experiential based.
- Proven experience designing management development material and programs
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, possessing a high degree of initiative, energy, common sense, and logical thinking
- Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships with peers, employees, and key stakeholders
- Knowledge of computer applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams and other virtual meeting applications.
- Knowledge and experience with Learning Management Systems
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.