Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
As a Saltwater Aquaculture Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and operating the feeding systems
- Reporting any observed irregularities in stocks
- Grid installation and inspection/repair
- Marine cage and net installation and removal
- Operating, maintaining, and cleaning aquaculture equipment and enclosures
- General site maintenance, including net washing
- The operation of boats for aquaculture operations
- Grading and weighing aquaculture stock
- Performing harvest assistance as required
A successful candidate will:
- Be a self-motivated team player
- Be willing to work flexible work hours and schedules
- Have the ability to work in outside weather conditions on aquaculture sites and/or aboard maintenance vessels.
- Hold or be willing to obtain a Marine Emergency Duties (MED) certificate
- Experience within the aquaculture field would be considered an asset but not required as on the job training is provided
This is a labour-intensive position, requires standing for long periods of time, and applicants must be comfortable working in outside weather conditions on both aquaculture sites and aboard maintenance vessels.
Hourly wage, is based on experience/education, and begins at $18.00; complimented by a competitive health and dental benefit package.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.