Title: Medical Equipment Technician
Employee Working Location: Warehouse/ Hub in person (Nanaimo - Vancouver Island, BC)
Employment status: Casual
Salary band: $19.38 - $24.22 /hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) - one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada's Best Employers 2022 is seeking a Medical Equipment Technician to join our BC HELP team
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
As a Medical Equipment Advanced you will:
- Clean and disinfect health equipment, according to standards
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and carry out repairs, following manufacturer's specifications
- Document repairs and maintain up-to-date equipment records in the inventory management system
- Transport equipment between HELP sites and deliver, install, and pick up equipment from clients' homes, as per established procedures
- Instruct clients and caregivers in the proper use and maintenance of equipment
What we are looking for:
- Completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education in a related field.
- 2 years of experience in working with hand and basic power tools; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to lift and carry up to 80lbs
- Demonstrated mechanical ability and able to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature (health equipment repair experience is an asset)
- Strong verbal communication skills; client service skills; and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Commercial driving and delivery experience
- Successful completion of CPR/First Aid taken within past 2 years (or willing to take it within probationary period)
- Experience working with volunteers and diverse populations
- Casual hours as needed based on operational requirements - typically 7-hour daytime shifts Monday to Friday
- Work varies from warehouse to other HELP sites, client homes and Assisted Living facilities
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods and safely operate a vehicle for deliveries, which can be up to 75% of the day.
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver's Licence
- May be required to work out of other HELP locations
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
$19.38 - $24.22