The Meadows (TVM) POSITION VACANCY
POSITION: Occupational Therapist
LOCATION: Yarmouth, NS
TYPE: Permanent Full Time (Will consider less than 100% FTE)
The Meadows is a 105 bed Long Term Care home that is undergoing an exciting transformation in creating self-directed and empowered neighborhood teams that focus on principles of resident centered care. We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to work with our rehab team that can provide clinical OT services in a multi-disciplinary environment to support our residents and care team members.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Reporting to the Director of Care, this position will primarily be involved in providing clinical Occupational Therapy Services by enhancing quality of life through enabling participation in meaningful, every day activities. This will involve initial and follow-up assessments, referrals, treatment, and actively participating in a multidisciplinary team via care conferences and care planning with respect to ADL assessments & restorative care, eating, feeding and swallowing interventions, adaptive equipment, splinting, dementia care using cognitive assessments, behavioral support, mobility seating, restraint reduction, falls prevention, pressure wound and prevention leadership. As well, this individual will provide resident, family and care team member education and in-services, coaching and training. This individual will also work closely with the OT Assistant, designing their schedule and providing guidance and support to them along with working collaboratively with all Rehab staff as well as with the multidisciplinary team. The incumbent will work directly with resident's and their families, multidisciplinary care team members, volunteers and pets and align their actions and goals with The Meadows, Mission, Vision, Values and Philosophy of Care. This position may require you to wear a mask for the duration of your shift. The Meadows is a member of HANS group of Employee Benefits Plan. Proof of vaccination is required for this position.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Demonstrated sincere willingness and passion to engage and participate with those who live in our home and lead others who work in our home to enhance resident's social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs
- Relate well to those who live and work in our home with a compassionate, caring, respectful attitude with a strong customer service and stakeholder mindset
- Fully Licensed to practice as an Occupational Therapist in Nova Scotia (registered with COTNS)
- Self-directed, resilient to change, ability to facilitate, resolve conflicts and function with ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, while effectively planning, organizing, supervising and communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Must be adaptable and flexible to adjust to the changing needs of the service and the program.
- Previous experience in working with the elderly.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and learning
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize
- Willingness to follow Eden resident centered philosophies
- Experience with Microsoft Office software packages and business computer applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times and a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written)
- Ability to spread positivity and stamp out negativity
- Productivity is essential, spending most of your time with the residents and Educating staff
- Strong leadership skill set
WHAT WE'D LOVE YOU TO HAVE:
- Experience working in long term care or with individuals with dementia
- Advanced Dementia related training (GPA, Teepa Snow, Pieces etc)
- Neighborhood Guide or Team Building / Change Management training
- Experience delivering in-services to various groups
- Experience leading committees (Safe Resident Handling)
Email your resume, cover letter to:
Announcement Date: Oct 14, 2022
Closing Date: OPEN
Competition Number: 48R-2022
339 Pleasant Street
Yarmouth NS B5A 2K9
Fax (902) 742-1426
Offers of employment conditional upon providing satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal records check. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All hires must agree to observe and comply with all policies, procedures and philosophies of Tidal View Manor - The Meadows.