NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Grand-Falls
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre - Grand-Falls (Adult Long Term)
CLASSIFICATION : Human Services Counselor (3013)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour day shift - Monday to Friday
Possibility of night shift and weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Human Services Counsellor delivers support, coaching and/or teaching of skills to clients referred by the clinician to promote their recovery. The successful applicant works with the clinician, the client, significant others and the other services involved. In general, work takes place in the client's living environment and may include their community network. Work is on an individual basis or in a group. The successful applicant may be required to serve the other community mental health centres in Zone 4, as needed.
- High school diploma, plus completion of a human services program;
- Relevant experience with adults and their families, including skills teaching;
- Ability to complete non-violent crisis intervention training and suicide intervention skills training (ASIST) within the set time frame;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computer tools;
- Valid driver's licence and ability to use own vehicle in performance of duties;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.