The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission (NBLASC) is seeking an individual for a temporary full-time position as Intake Officer / Administrative Assistant in the Saint John Regional office.
Who we are
The NBLASC provides legal assistance to low-income individuals and is a crucial part of a fair and equitable justice system. We are committed to access to justice and we advocate for our clients' rights.
What you will do
As an Intake Officer/ Admin Assistant your responsibilities will include the following:
· Primarily act as frontline contact for intake services to the public, screen requests in person and on the phone based on NBLASC scope of service and financial criteria, explain requirements to applicants and direct clients towards the appropriate services as required, shares responsibility for greeting public;
· Provide legal administrative support services to staff lawyers such as ensuring that files are current and court dates are noted, preparation of legal documents (correspondence, transcriptions, motions, affidavits, trial records, and any other documents as requested), etc;
· Book intake appointments, interview applicants for intake applications to complete comprehensive assessment of eligibility for legal aid services and ensure follow-up;
· Process intake applications with the case management system and the use of other applications, coordinate with staff and private lawyers to assign files;
· Liaise with members of the private bar and judiciary as required;
· Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
Who you are
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have (Essential qualifications and skills)
Completion of post-secondary training in a related field;
A minimum of 4 years of related experience;
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Nice to have (Asset qualifications)
Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate:
Written and spoken competence in the French language
High proficiency in the area of office technology and MS Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
· Knowledge of Court/law office practices and procedures;
Who you are
You possess the following competencies:
· Effective Interactive Communication;
· Information Seeking;
· Client Service Orientation.
· Concern for Order;
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment
Work With Us
$1,779 - $2,162 biweekly - NBLASC CUPE Administrative Series II
What can NBLASC offer you?
Comprehensive benefits package
Access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Paid Vacation benefits
How to apply
We encourage you to apply by email at [email protected] by January 17, 2023 stating "2023-01 Intake/Admin" in your email subject line. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
Human Resource Services
500 Beaverbrook Court Suite 501
Fredericton, NB, E3B 5X4
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Let's Connect. You belong here.