Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, Australia and South America. Our company's success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled, and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area's economy and sense of community.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible to:
- Plan, manage and successfully deliver concurrent medium to large-scale, complex IT-based projects
- Work directly with customers, stakeholders, and senior management to deliver on key objectives and project goals while also following best practices to ensure successful delivery and outcomes.
- Lead and guide teams of technical and business professionals throughout the project's delivery.
- Ensure the project adheres to the established methodologies and meets the customers' business requirements while remaining in line with the defined scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Identify, raise, and negotiate changes in scope, budget or schedule with customers, stakeholders, and senior management as required.
- Identify milestones, critical success factors, and alignment of the project deliverables to expected business outcomes.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain standard project management-related artefacts.
- Keep the project team, customers, and stakeholders well informed on the project delivery progress, risks, changes, and deliverables.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to project team members on project delivery and management standards
A successful candidate will have:
Project Planning and Management Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience in project management with a strong knowledge of the project lifecycle and project management methodologies.
- Proven experience leading strategic and tactical management of concurrent medium to large-scale technology projects using various technologies.
- Ability to develop quality project management artefacts, including charters, project management plans, and multi-year project budgets.
- Ability to analyze the project health accurately to identify and manage potential risk events and issues, developing and implementing mitigation strategies.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of business requirements analysis, demand management, problem-solving, quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent working experience will also be taken consideration.
Leadership and Resource Management Skills:
- Experience and practical knowledge of resource management, resource requirements estimation, formation of project team, and ability to supervise, and provide leadership/guidance to project teams.
- Strong people skills and passionately foster an effective working environment for staff.
- You can solve problems, are highly organized, can manage time efficiently and meet deadlines as required
- Dependability with a great work ethic, demonstrated initiative, ownership of issues and an exceptional attitude
- High degree of self-motivation, resilience, adaptability and flexibility and able to manage competing priorities
Consultation, Communication and Collaboration Skills:
- Ability to consult with and effectively influence others to productively resolve various customer, project, and technical issues and provide effective strategies to move forward.
- Experience in developing various communication materials, such as meeting minutes, status reports, presentations, and confidently present these materials to customers, stakeholders, and senior management.
- You have a strategic mindset and the ability to provide direction with the right sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with stakeholders in challenging and demanding situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with excellent verbal and written communication and high degree of commitment to a positive customer experience.
- You have a well-rounded understanding of the technology systems lifecycle, including analysis, design techniques, systems development, testing and implementation, to plan/manage large-scale multiyear projects.
This position requires a highly motivated and industrious individual with a range of knowledge and experience in technical concepts. Strong analytic and communication skills will be key as you will work at all levels within the organization to ensure we are delivering on our committed priorities and generating positive business outcomes.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple - because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness, and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.