NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY : Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Transcription
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Transcriptionist (1018)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of stand-by and call-back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
This work involves the transcription of health records and correspondence from oral or dictating machine in assigned hospital areas.
- High school graduation or general education diploma (GED) plus an additional medical transcriptionist program/course of over one and up to two years or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of computer tools and office automation applications, more specifically Word and Excel, and ability to use them;
- Ability to perform work without constant supervision;
- Ability to briefly describe the position sought and explain interest in this position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.