NOTE: Applicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Speech-Language Pathology
CLASSIFICATION: Speech Language Pathologist 1 (SL01)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shifts - Day
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The speech-language pathologist will provide services to children and adults with communication and/or swallowing difficulties. Services include prevention, identification, evaluation, and treatment.
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology;
- Registered member of the New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists;
- Clinical Certification with Speech-Language and Audiology Canada an asset;
- Experience in the areas of developmental speech and language (including autism), acquired speech and language, voice/resonance (including transgender voice) and/or dysphagia (including videofluoroscopic swallow studies) considered assets;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.