COMPETITION #: 2022-65105 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: Operating Room
FACILITY: Oromocto Public Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Operating Room Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with spoken French
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $35.34 to $44.77 per hour
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality safe patient care within the scope of professional nursing practice to patients and families in the Operating Room. Although primarily assigned to the Operating Room, may be assigned to Post Anaesthetic Care Unit and Day Surgery as required. Performs other duties for efficient operation of unit as assigned.
- Active registration with NANB.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Minimum 1 year recent (within past 5 years) operating room experience or successful completion within last 5 years of an approved OR course.
- Demonstrated assessment skills and ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities and complex patient care needs.
- Demonstrated teaching, communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English (B2.1 or Advanced) and spoken competence in French (B1.2 or Intermediate Plus) are required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 7 , 2022.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-65105 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.