NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non-Bargaining
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Medical Services
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Director
STATUS: Permanent full-time or part-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President of Clinical Programs and Medical Affairs, the successful candidate is responsible for the local management of medical services. This person participates in planning and establishing goals and objectives for various sectors of Vitalité Health Network.
The successful candidate is responsible for the management of human, physical and financial resources within their assigned sectors. This person uses their expertise in the management of regional programs within Vitalité Health Network and collaborates on the development and harmonization of regional practices within the medical sector.
- Medical training and member in good standing of a medical society or college;
- Minimum of three years' management experience;
- Training/experience in administration;
- Any other combination of relevant training and experience able to be taken into consideration;
- Excellent knowledge of the health sector in the province;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities along with the stress associated with setting priorities and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to analyze issues and data with long-term implications for hospitals and the Network as a whole;
- Ability to set priorities and meet objectives;
- Ability to build and maintain good interpersonal relations through diplomacy and respect for others;
- Persuasion and negotiation skills, appreciation of diversity and ability to build consensus;
- Demonstrated personal qualities: independence, positive attitude, flexibility and loyalty;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- Position to be reviewed by the Part III Classification Committee.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.