NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Restigouche Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Forensic Psychiaty - Stabilization
CLASSIFICATION: Human Services Counselor (3013)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
12-hour shifts -Rotation
Possibility of standby and call-back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under a manager's clinical supervision, the Human Services Counselor evaluates, supports and assists RHC clients in developing and maintaining their independence, in accordance with the interdisciplinary intervention plan, in preparation for their reintegration into the community through the implementation of treatment and rehabilitation programs.
Work is performed using several intervention modes, including daily individual meetings with clients, support to therapeutic groups conducted by the nursing staff and professional services, as well as the organization of educational groups. Given the specific nature of psychiatric interventions, the Human Services Counselor will organize their work to promote continuity of care for their assigned clients.
The Human Services Counselor's work is performed in keeping with the clinical principles of rehabilitation as well as clients' risks, needs and responsiveness. It is performed within a clinical model for interdisciplinary collaboration. The Human Services Counselor's clinical practice is governed by Vitalité Health Network's Code of Ethics as well as other policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or successful completion of GED;
- Human Services program/course of up to 1 year – Option Child/Adolescent Services or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- University degree in a health-related field of study may be considered;
- Successfully complete the O.M.E.G.A. course or a commitment to undertake such a course, or any other non-violet crisis intervention course;
- Successfully complete the Advanced C.P.I. course or a commitment to undertake such a course;
- Successfully complete the Prevention and Management of Suicidal Behaviour in a Psychiatric Hospital Setting course or a commitment to undertake such a course;
- Current BLS Certification;
- Good judgement and organisational skills;
- Ability to utilize a variety of intervention techniques in new and innovative ways;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.