VISION:A city that inspires
MISSION:Working together to enhance the quality of life for all residents
VALUES:Sustainability, Inclusivity, Innovation, Accountability, Excellence, Bilingualism
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST - CODIAC RCMP
Human Resources - Job # P1090
CLOSING DATE:NOON - DECEMBER 01, 2022
This position provides human resources services and programs in the following functional areas: recruitment, labour relations, employee relations, payroll and safety.
This position reports to the Director - Strategic Planning and Support Services however will report indirectly to Manager, Labour Relations and the Manager, Talent Development.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit www.moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the first officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This is a non-unionized position.
The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
- Must have post-secondary degree.
- CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) designation is an asset.
- Formal courses in customer service are a definite asset
- Successful completion of the Registered Professional Recruiter (RPR) course is a definite asset.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience in a Human Resources environment preferably in a unionized environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both languages (oral; English and French) is required. Must meet INTERMEDIATE (2) Level as per the Province of New Brunswick Linguistic Standards in both languages as a minimum requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Above-average interpersonal skills and organizational ability are required.
- A high degree of accuracy will be required within this position.
- Required to resolve problems where work is of a routine nature and/or is governed by established instructions, policies or procedures. Also requires initiative or ingenuity to resolve frequent minor problems in situations not always covered by established practices, procedures or policies.
- Must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision and prioritize tasks to be completed.
- Errors due to inaccuracy, neglect, or carelessness could result in delay or inconvenience and dissatisfied customers in terms of time or service.
- Teamwork with other Human Resources Department managers and staff, corporate departments and union executives with the City of Moncton and RCMP J Division is important to this position.
- Customer service is important to the Corporation and the department. This position requires courtesy, tact, and diplomacy for exchanging information through calls from the public and government agencies. Has frequent internal contact with various personnel within the Human Resources Department and with other Departments of the City. Frequent contact with other corporate employees from all departments with regards to personnel matters.
- Requires behavioral characteristics that reflect the best interest of the Corporation and the Community at large. Confidentiality is paramount to this position.
- Must use judgment in dealing with the public.
CONDITIONS OF WORK:
- The working conditions for this position are as outlined in the City of Moncton policy manual for non-scheduled employees.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS (IF ANY):
- It is a condition of employment that the incumbent must be of the highest integrity and character and will be subjected to RCMP security screening. This involves background and character investigation of successful applicants and their immediate families. This is required prior to the necessary level of security clearance being granted for this position. Must maintain necessary RCMP security clearance requirements for this position throughout the duration of employment. Similarly, the incumbent's use of all police information will be in accordance with RCMP policy, regulations and directives. Since the work is of a confidential nature, the incumbent must be prepared to undertake an Oath of Affirmation of Secrecy.